Monday

Reflective Practice


I’m looking for an image to capture John Paul Ledearch and the way he writes in the “toolkit” Reflective Peacebuilding. I decide on a very deep blue image of water with sinuous shadows dancing in the foreground. I’m not so sure how it fits, but it seems to be a visual representation of this thought.
“Conflict transformation…focus(es) on change…While conflict resolution focuses on de-escalation of conflict and diffusion of crises, transformation allows for ebb and flow in conflict, and sees the presenting problem as a potential opportunity to transform the relationship and the systems in which relationships are embedded. (Lederach p. 17)
The image also has water reflecting the light of the stars. This seems to feel like what a reflective practice should feel like. (Lederach, p. 3)
In looking at this image, I also am reminded of Fixico and the way that he describes the metaphysical. I see this missing in conflict theory. It seems to seep in a little in Lederach, but I’m not sure. Fixico: “But drop your gaze to the tall grass, raise it again to the vast skies, free all your senses to explore the moment, and it is hard to walk these hills without feeling a presence, something that cannot be explained by Eurocentric reasoning” (Fixico, 93.)

No comments:

Post a Comment