Addition to the post on SAMO. After seeing some of Lisa’s photos on facebook that she’s taken for Howard’s class, I’m inspired to find a better way to photograph my progress in this project. I start with some of the dead tagged bird photos and they look kind of interesting. I have a new camera and I find some of the settings which help reduce the glare on the “subject.”
I want to reshoot SAMO over Andy Warhol. I frame it with old matchbooks. I frame it and shoot it from the perspective of seeing Andy Warhol’s name. I frame it and shoot it with the perspective of just seeing SAMO. The way I frame and shoot changes what the viewer will see. How is the experiential anthropologist or even the sociologist any different? How do I know what Berreby is showing me is what I see or what he wants me to see? When I read Samuel Beckett I don't have that question.
No comments:
Post a Comment