I decided that the two "infirm" brain scans look like the center of a Black-Eyed Susan. I glued them down and painted them. I like that the image is no longer a brain, but an integral part of this flower. My confusion with the neuro-science based conclusions is that they examine the brain, dissociated from the body and the soul. Examining this image on top of the books, on their own, in the magazine and in their final resting place as centers of the flowers demonstrates why you can’t pluck the brain out, scan it, and examine it without context.
Monday
Flowering Brains
I decided that the two "infirm" brain scans look like the center of a Black-Eyed Susan. I glued them down and painted them. I like that the image is no longer a brain, but an integral part of this flower. My confusion with the neuro-science based conclusions is that they examine the brain, dissociated from the body and the soul. Examining this image on top of the books, on their own, in the magazine and in their final resting place as centers of the flowers demonstrates why you can’t pluck the brain out, scan it, and examine it without context.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment