I started this image by drawing the maze. That came to me while I was reading Thomas. I kept following him, like a little mouse in the maze being tempted by the smell of cheese. Only, like a poor little mouse, I kept running into walls and never found the cheese. I felt like Thomas lured me into a promise that we were going to move beyond this stagnant social theory and into a new vision, but I didn’t get there. After I drew the maze, it needed color and I painted it, intuitively. Then, it seemed like something was missing. I remembered that I had an image from the NYT several weeks ago of people with brightly colored clothes and shoes at an art gallery opening. The image of Thomas was becoming almost carnival like as I was drawn to these bright images. I glued them into the maze, as though they were like me, striving to find something that is simply not reachable for me in this text. Then, I found this image of the face-the one who oversees the maze.
Sunday
Thomas is a MAZE ing
I started this image by drawing the maze. That came to me while I was reading Thomas. I kept following him, like a little mouse in the maze being tempted by the smell of cheese. Only, like a poor little mouse, I kept running into walls and never found the cheese. I felt like Thomas lured me into a promise that we were going to move beyond this stagnant social theory and into a new vision, but I didn’t get there. After I drew the maze, it needed color and I painted it, intuitively. Then, it seemed like something was missing. I remembered that I had an image from the NYT several weeks ago of people with brightly colored clothes and shoes at an art gallery opening. The image of Thomas was becoming almost carnival like as I was drawn to these bright images. I glued them into the maze, as though they were like me, striving to find something that is simply not reachable for me in this text. Then, I found this image of the face-the one who oversees the maze.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment